Project Ed | Is Air Matter? science video contest promotes project-based learning aligned with the common core standards! Plus, students make awesome vids! Can you demonstrate that something you can’t even see is made of matter?
In a video no longer than 90 seconds you must:
- Show us a hands-on visual demonstration that air is matter.
- Include the Air Composition Pie-Chart graphic (download via the Resources tab)
- Give us accurate definitions of air and matter.
- Make your explanations and demonstrations exciting – we want to learn and be entertained!
- Meet all official rules and requirements.
- July 2nd, 2013 – Contest opens
- August 13th, 2013 – Last day to submit your video (by 11:59 p.m. ET)
- September 6, 2013 – Winners announced on the Project ED website
Finalist and Winner Judging Criteria:
Videos will be evaluated based on the following criteria, weighed equally:
- Educational merit and accuracy: How well did you achieve the educational goals presented in the contest brief and how much do viewers learn from your video?
- Creativity and Engagement: Your video presents educational content in a memorable way; viewers are compelled to watch the video to completion. Your video conveys its message in an artistic and innovative manner.
- Quality of video production: Your video has high resolution and audio quality, and effectively employs visual aesthetics and cinematography.
- Appropriate content: Your video does not contain indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, or offensive material.
- In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken on the basis of the tied entrants’ scores in the “Educational merit and accuracy” criteria.
Prizes per contest vary. In most cases, a grand prize will be awarded to one video in the Student (18 and under) category and one in the Adult (over 18) category. Finalist videos will also receive a prize. Rules for each contest explain how and when we will notify you and the date the prizes will be announced.
Prizes are awarded at Amplify’s discretion and subject to the applicable district and school policies. Teachers’ prizes may be awarded via DonorChoose.org.
- The video’s creator must be 13 or over.
- Entrants who are minors must obtain a parent’s or guardian’s consent to enter the contest.
- Your video can’t last more than 90 seconds.
- You must use appropriate language and content.
- You must properly clear and credit any film clips, images, or locations you use.
- You can only submit one entry per contest.
- If you are employed by a school you must ensure your entry into this contest is in compliance with your institution’s policies.
- Please carefully read the complete rules listed in the General Terms and Conditions.
- A video example demonstrating that air is matter:
- Air Composition Pie-Chart.
Video Production Tips
- 10 tricks to Make Amateur Video Look Professional
- Tips for Shooting Great Video on Your iDevice with Filmic Pro
- Explanation on DSLR Lenses
- Build a Shoulder Mount for Your Camera (To Keep Your Shots Stable)
- UBER-Cheap Mic Showdown
- Record Clean Audio
- How to Build Your Own Light